low washer light

I have a '90 Grand Marquis 5.0 EFI.
What would cause the "Low Washer" dashboard warning light to come on when the washer reservoir is full when I use it?
Thank you!
They get stuck. They also fail, but usually they get stuck from crud down in there. My '87 Town Car does that anytime I let the washer fluid reservoir sit empty for more than a few minutes... I think my '85 Grand Marquis did the same thing, too. Most of the time it will unstick itself once refilled.
Run the reservoir dry and then take a garden hose, kink it to shut off the flow of water, and stick the end in there. Then give it a quick burst of water to agitate things. Try it a few times.
-Steve

wilt wrote:

bad reading.. they have an article about this in the contour web site... www.contour.org and the fix is to fill it up and then put an extra cup of washer fluid in it to make the light go out.. and most cars dont have a warning light for the low washer fluid or low coolant on the dash.. i have neither on my 93 taurus and have never had any problems.....