Lucas Oil Stabilizer

I have a 1990 Grand Marquis 5.0 EFI with 130K.
I have been changing the oil every 2,000 miles since it was new and have kept all other maintenance up to date. The car runs fine to this
day.
Today, changing the oil, I added Lucas Oil Stabilizer for the first time. After hearing nothing but good things about Lucas products I figured I would start using it.
I know this NG has a lot of knowledgeable people and I am looking for any opinions or feedback on this particular Lucas product. Such as is there an actual benefit from using it? Also, does it help in areas such as the oil pump?
Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Thank you!
I won't comment on the additive, just question the need for it and why change oil so frequently. My '95 F-150, 5L engine and 140 K miles gets it's oil changed twice a year, spring and fall. I use high quality oil only. Oil usage is about 1/4 quart between changes of 6 - 7 K miles (filter gets changed too of course). Good quality oils are formulated with aditatives already. Why waste money, make someone rich, when good oil can do the job?
Van

X-No-Archive:Yes

chains to see how dry they are without the additive. I found out in a 92 CV 4.9L at 120K it started wearing out chains and gears till I used the lucas. It did one fine job. Still use it today in all my Ford cars. BeeVee
not sure the Lucas additive would help you. In general I say stay away from any additives. Check out blackstone labs (who samples oil) opinion. Changing the oil at 2K is overkill. 3K is more than good, and depending on driving circumstances you can probably do 5K

is based upon many conversations with the best oil guys in the industry. Every one told me that one should almost never use an oil additive of any kind.
The various additives put in at the factory may be incompatible with after market additives. Viscosity Index Improves (like STP), can lead to varnish formation and cracked rings.
Must important advice I received is to use a name brand of the necessary grade and recommended viscosity. Numerous lab tests and fleet tests I saw at the time suggested that 6,000 to 12, 000 miles might be appropriate for an oil change so long as the vehicle is not subject to short runs that do not heat up the oil enough to drive out the water. I that case a 3,000 mile change interval needed to prevent acid formation.
But I don't want to suggest that some new product out there may do something desirable in a specific case. Just demand credible documentation from a reliable source. Don't rely upon anything you read in a newsgroup (including anything I upload).
Richard.