Lucus Tranny conditioner ??

Has anyone used this stuff ? My 94 Thunderbird tranny was acting like it was jumping into nuetral at speeds of 45 to 55.I put Lucus tran.con.in it and it still did act that way for a few more days.then after the 3erd day my trannny started working like new. I hope and prey that it will still run like it dose now for a lone time. Has anyone else had this happen to them.
Tom/94LX 4.6
Tom94lx4.6 opined in

POST here on text mode only...no HTML!
While i cant comment on those specific conditions, I got a real deal on a 93 tbird with 'slippage in hot weather', over Ebay.
The car was in Atlanta, i'm in Columbus...I flew down with an aftermarket tranny cooler, bought some Lucas AT fix, installed both and drove it home.
Put 50,000 on it since with no problems so far.
Your results may vary and there are other possible causes for those symptoms.
If they only ocurred 'hot', I suggest the tranny cooler as well. Make sure to install it on the return line FROM radiator

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 17:50:54 GMT, Backyard Mechanic

I'd always installed them Prior to the Radiator to allow the warming engine to warm the transmission. But then again I was in a colder climate than Atlanta.
On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 18:09:06 -0500, Some ga

They are most efficient after the radiator. I never heard anyone declare the trans failed from over cooling. If cool operation adversly effects operation, there are temp control valves available to divert the fluid around the cooler(s). Keep in mind that the radiator has no significant coolant flow to "warm" the trans until the engines thermostat opens which is usually well after the torque converter will have warmed the fluid. Modern electronic transmissions also have temp sensors and other ways to prevent converter lockup when cold allow the fluid to be warmed sufficiently.
"POST here on text mode only...no HTML!"
Reset my posting.Is this right ?
tjax1 opined in

Works for me! :)