mach 300 audiophile in-dash 6 cd player

My cd player is not working anymore on my brand new Mercury Mariner. I brought it to the dealer and they stated that the player can not play after market cd's,
and that is what has caused the problem. They state that they can not fix it and that I would have to go to an outside company to have it fixed and pay them. This player is a mach 300 audiophile in dash 6 cd player. This is the same player that they put in most all Ford vehicles. Is anyone else having this problem?