Magic clay wax

While at my local car wash today I noticed a sign advertising Magic Clay Wax job, only $69.95. Anyone had this done? How does this compare with a regular wax job? Thanks.

Reply to
Paul O.

Not sure about the wax part, but Magic Clay is available for about $20 at Pep Boys and is extremely useful for rubbing on your dirty paint to remove virtually all deposits harmlessly leaving a paint surface as smooth as a new born's ass. The car needs to be washed prior to using it. Of course after using it, would be a perfect time to apply a wax to the now clean and smooth surface. Stan K.

Reply to
Stan Kasperski

if you are not familar with magic clay: it comes in t box (its a hunk of clay and they also have a bottle of liquid(probably an oil) you take out the clay and rub it on the moisted car surface to get out all the stuff the car wash did not get out.. on one of our cars it looked like very tiny dots of dirt on the surface that would not move with water and soap..... rub the clay back and forth and the spots come off...... its alot of work and if they are charging that price it might be work it if its needed and you dont want to do it....

Reply to
dbird