Mainfold gaskets

they go on either way... the manifold and the block each have the same temp. when they heat up.. the whold gasket was make out of sheets of material, so they could be sandwiched together, but it does not matter which side goes where....

Reply to
jim

HELP! I have to replace the exhaust manifold gaskets on a 390 in me '63 T Bird. I need one of the experts to tell me which side of the gasket goes toward the head? There is the perf. metal side and the fiber side. Which side goes where. The gasket is symetrical and could go either way.

Reply to
Jmonahan

I don't know if it makes it the right way to do it or not, but if you put the metal side toward the heads it will be easier to remove the gasket material the next time. It's generally easier to remove and carry the manifolds into a warm, well lit workspace than the heads.

Reply to
Nosey

Sometimes applying to both sides of the gasket, Ultra copper high heat silicone, then letting it set up for 5 to 10 minutes snugging, another

10 m> HELP! I have to replace the exhaust manifold gaskets on a 390 in me
Reply to
Newhere!