Map sensor escort 1989

    I would like any advice anyone can offer. I was having a stalling problem and when cold in the morning the car would start and
then die out. Now I have disconnected the map sensor and the car seems to run fine. I know its not good to leave the map disconnected but does it seem like I found the problem? Before when driving, the car would lose rpms and want to stall and die out in traffic. Now it seems the idle is ok. So does it sound like the map is bad? I did a code check before and didn't get any codes .
Thanks

No the ECM knows the MAP is disconnected and put a good value in it's place. You basically put the car in failure mode strategy.

No codes mean nothing wrong electronically. You need to go over the basics. Base timing, spark plug condition and fuel pressure is a good start.

I know what your saying about the basics. What I was getting at is the car is running fine now with the map disconnected. Everything you mentioned for the basics is fine. Thanks again for replying.

You
Base
So you think every thing is fine with the MAP disconnected and your leaving it that way?

Would that cause a problem?
jd wrote:

leaving anything disconnected will cause a problem... the engineers that designed the engine had the map sensor in there for a reason... if it still runs when its disconnected you are just buying time... get it fixed. go to a shop, with the questions you ask i dont think you will be able to fix it or if so will not know if its fixed or not..not trying to be sarcastic, just telling you how it is.... if you want it done right then bring it someplace to get fixed.. hope this helps.

place.
basics.
it
Well duh, yes.
jd wrote:

take the map sensor to auto zone and see if they can test it for you...