Marauder bids Farewell 6/04

A guy had written into the auto advise column in our local paper. The question was about a high preformance company that was putting superchargers on Marauders. Anyway the columnist mentioned at the end of his reply that the Maruader will stop being produced when production ends in June 2004.

I though I remember some Merc executive saying in the Marauder will be around for many years to come, as a limited production and won't go by the wayside like the shortlived Impala SS ( 1992-96 ).

I guess in Ford terms " many years to come ", means 3.

Oh well..I guess when nobody buys the car then the plan changes.

Harry Face

The reason is the current CV and GM body is going away, to be replaced by a new body on a stretched LS chassis for the CV, GM and Town Car in 2005. The LS/Jag/T-Bird based 2005 Mustang will offer 300 HP standard in GT. The 500 sedan comes on line in the fall as well. My understanding is the Taurus and the CV will still be available for fleets until 2006.

mike hunt

Harry Face wrote:

Reply to
MajorDome

Does that mean we can get the parts cheaper????? I checked the Merc dealer and I can make my 03 LS into a Maruder wana be for about $500.00.. Of course the engine and the shifter and all the nice stuff won't happen.. I like the look of the grill and the Black out on the rear lights. I just like to make my cars differant. Its too bad these GM's Maruders are some nice wheels...

Jake

Reply to
M Hayes529

Mike

Is the stretched LS platform going to be a unibody or a full frame ?

Harryface

Reply to
Harry Face