Marquis into Mustang

I have a 66 Mustang, great body, no engine. I also have a 1990 Mercury Grand Marquis, V-8. My Mustang was a 289 car to begin with. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the GMarquis motor would work in my
car, if I took any electronics off.
Thanks in advance.
Gary in NC
forddriver opined in

Hmmm lets see... I assume here you have the entire GM as a donor; you could do a little self education and do a complete swap including the electronics.
Spend a little time with it and have a great sleeper that would get you 23 mpg...
Or you could scrape off all the electronics go to a carb.. be on here alla time with questions and be happy with your 13 mpg.
Nah... dont do it. Sell the GM for parts.. find a rusted out donor pony with a 289 setup.
rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Backyard Mechanic opined in

And see the 66 parts car for sale in Dallas, above
If you are curious to see if you can do it, try it. What you need permission?

Thomas Moats opined in

I agree... Just DO it.
And yes, they use the GT stuff.. and the setup for the GM is summat different IIRC.
But Close. Once you get the thng set up, it wouldnt be a BIG deal to switch