MARY ANDRIOZZI AGAIN

The man at the AUTO=ZONE store checked my power steering chamber and told me that some one had filled it up with transmission fluid. Is that safe? He said that is whats causing my problems. How do i empty it? He
said go get a turkey baster and empty it then put LUCAS? back in. Now what do you guys think? THANK YOU MARY
Power steering fluid is basically ATF, so it shouldn't hurt a thing. I think the A-Z guy was just trying to sell you something.
MARY ANDRIOZZI wrote:

It's the same thing! Run, do not walk, away from him. In fact, I'd call the company's main office if I were you. Your safest, though not cheapest route is go to an authorized dealer. MARY ANDRIOZZI wrote:

Just like others have said... ATF is fine as Power Steering. And I know it's dated information, but all of my older Ford owner's guides say use ATF for the power steering. I've been doing that for years, too, with no problems...