mecury zephyr and AOD

oh yeah another thing could i put a AOD tranny in the 82 zephyr what vehicle would i get it out of?
-- friendbc AKA Beingsneaky Aka Sneaky_one http://geocities.com/beingsneaky/friendbc.html My Homepage
http://geocities.com/beingsneaky/bridge_river.html Bridge River photos http://briefcase.yahoo.com/beingsneaky briefcase beingsneaky http://briefcase.yahoo.com/clao_raven briefcase clao raven http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bcsnukwa Bcsnukwa briefcase http://community.webshots.com/user/friendbc Webshots albums http://community.webshots.com/user/beingsneaky Webshots albums You're a stranger only once, then you're just strange.
sneakster opined in

Too bad you dont have a Fairmont... you can put ANYTHING in a Fairmont.
The ENGINE being more important than the car it's in.... WHICH engine do you have, 2.3, straight six or the v8?
You have a Fox platform, and the others you can swap with include the Mustang TBird and LTD II. Oh do I HAVE to say Fairmont?
I dont have good feelings about where this thread is going, either.....
so click on (copy/paste) the below and see if any of those sites can help..
http://www.alltheweb.com/search?cat=web&cs=utf - 8&qirmont+zephyr&_sb_lang=en
--------------4D24248A4DCFAD277B8B3C8E Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
the mercury zephyr is a ford Fairmont. except its made by the mercury branch of ford.. just like the tempo/topaz are the same the escort/lynx/tracer. form merc same diff. the zephyr is Fox body. It is a inline 6 3.3 litre. 200 CID
Backyard Mechanic wrote:

--------------4D24248A4DCFAD277B8B3C8E--

sneakster opined in

REALLY!?
Actually, I was just kidding... TWICE.
The FAirmont you CANT put just anythng in.. IS.. you guessed it; a straight six. First problem is the engine cradle is different.
Ask on one of the sites I gave you.
Also you might go to google|groups and search rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
with 200 ci
That was discussed there some time ago... what trannies fit and what other engines could be used. e.g; the 250ci engines from late 70's is the same basic block.
okie dokie will try there. i knew i thouhgt i re=mebers somethingnbeing diffrent about the engine mounts? being diffrent?. google groups eh? ok Backyard Mechanic wrote:

-- friendbc AKA Beingsneaky Aka Sneaky_one http://geocities.com/beingsneaky/friendbc.html My Homepage http://geocities.com/beingsneaky/bridge_river.html Bridge River photos http://briefcase.yahoo.com/beingsneaky briefcase beingsneaky http://briefcase.yahoo.com/clao_raven briefcase clao raven http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bcsnukwa Bcsnukwa briefcase http://community.webshots.com/user/friendbc Webshots albums http://community.webshots.com/user/beingsneaky Webshots albums You're a stranger only once, then you're just strange.
oh darn ok. that's that answer i was looking for.. so hmm either another C4 tranny or perhaps try and convert to a T5?
W3tac8oe wrote:

-- friendbc AKA Beingsneaky Aka Sneaky_one http://geocities.com/beingsneaky/friendbc.html My Homepage http://geocities.com/beingsneaky/bridge_river.html Bridge River photos http://briefcase.yahoo.com/beingsneaky briefcase beingsneaky http://briefcase.yahoo.com/clao_raven briefcase clao raven http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bcsnukwa Bcsnukwa briefcase http://community.webshots.com/user/friendbc Webshots albums http://community.webshots.com/user/beingsneaky Webshots albums You're a stranger only once, then you're just strange.

Rebuilding your existing C4 is the most practical option. I have no experience with the small bellhousings for the four and five speeds, but the bellhousing is what will stop you, if you don't have the right one. The clutch pedal is gonna be an obstacle too.
good luck.
C8oe