Mercury Grand Marquis 96 - keyless entry pad

How do I reset the code on the keyless entry pad (door code lock)? The previous owner didn't know the code so I need to reprogram it. (Mercury Grand Marquis 96 LS/Bayshore)

look on the passenger side trunk hinge. there should be a 5 digit number there. that is the factory keyless entry code
Where would the code be on a 2001 Ford Explorer?
Falcoon wrote:

Yup, there was a code and it worked. Now how do I change it to something else?
You really need to get an owners manual. All the questions you're asking are easily answered there. Check the junkyards
CJ
wrote in message

Please, can anybody tell me what a Bayshore edition is? I've seen one a few years ago on a used car lot, but nobody could explain where it came from or what the background was. I'm looking forward for some commentary. Thanks.
Kristofer Andersson wrote:

If it had a fake convertible top or a vinyl top or somesuch, its probably an aftermarket badge.
CJ

Remo von Dach wrote:

I apparantly own one, as that's what comes up when I check my VIN on Carfax. I did some searching, and near as I can tell, it's all cosmetic. My car is a strange blue/green color, that sometimes looks blue (under artificial lights) and sometimes looks green (under intense sunlight). It also has a green leather interior. Every "Bayshore" I've seen for sale is the same color, and it seems to be unique to the '96 model year. When you think about it, most cars, no matter how many exterior colors they offer, generally come with only 2-3 colors of leather interior (shades of dark and light seem to be the norm), so green leather would be pretty unique.
And no, it doesn't have a tacky vinyl top.
If anyone currently on this group has a '96 brocure, or some official knowledge of what a Bayshore is, I'd love to hear from you.
-beaumon
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Here's another... maybe they know more?
http://www.carfax.com/cfm/check_order.cfm?VIN=2MELM75W7TX649953