Mercury Mountaineer

Can anyone tell me how this vehicle is for safety and reliability. Also is there much risk of rollover? We were considering a Windstar but wondering if the Mountaineer is safer and more reliable. Thanks for any answers.

Reply to
PaNjDeFemale

PaNjDeFemale opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m01.aol.com:

Look up the figures for Explorer.

Despite notoriety in press, rollover in Explorer is considerably less likely than Blazer and some others.

{Ford's LAwyers and PR people are idiots!}

Minivans less likely to roll by swerve than SUV's

Neither Explorer or any Minivan can be driven like a Taurus or Accord... learn how to handle them, visualize, visualize, visualize; never swerve by reflex...

If you are the driver that focusses on the road 100 feet ahead instead of driving aware... then just buy the windstar.

-then- Go to flea market and find a "Baby-On-Board" sticker so the rest of us can avoid you.

Sorry for making the assumptions but the wording leads me to them.

Seriously... if you cant imagine the car as an extension of yourself, please dont buy it... if you cant imagine ANY car as an extension of yourself, please dont drive.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Backyard Mechanic opined in news:Xns93E674C4BF353BkMch6d@216.168.3.44:

BTW, to ward off any MCP reflex postings...

The best Driver I EVER knew personally was a woman... I could only aspire to be as good as she was in a "pinch" situation.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I heard the Blazer has been too great (but Bronco is). I know driver makes a big difference in any vehicle. Thanks for your answer.

Sherry

Reply to
PaNjDeFemale

considering a Windstar but wondering if

If you check edmunds.com, you will find that the Mountaineer is rated much more highly than Windstar by both the editors and by owners. I recently bought an '03 Mountie and am really pleased with it. There are some great deals out there right now, got mine for $6500 off sticker price.

Okie

Reply to
Okie