Mercury Sable

My alarm keeps going off for no reason. The light inside the dash shows a door is ajar and that is not true. I have had two of the door switches replaced. My mechanic hooked some little machine to the
computer of the car and it does not show any problems. Has this happened to anyone and how did you fix it. It goes off during the night, at work whenever. You really do not know when. HELP!!
snipped-for-privacy@progress.com says...

Depending on the year, the door switches are often part of the latch mechanism. A common fix is to spray some WD40 onto the latch, and then open and close the door a few times. You may need to repeat it a few times until the switch frees up.