Mercury Sable (Engine Noises)

Hi:

I've been having problems with my Mercury Sable 89 where the engine has slight hissing sound, like something is leaking. You'll have to excuse me I don't know a whole lot about cars but don't know if has any thing to do with the power steering fluid that I have to keep filling in the car...could it??

Anyway, I've put more power steering fluid in and it still makes this hiss along with slight sputtering sound coming from what seems to be somewhere between the engine and one of the belts near the engine. Anybody have any idea what that might be and what to do about it?

Reply to
netsurfer802