merkur scorpio starter bolt pattern

I have a Ford Bronco II but the engine block was replaced with a scorpio engine block. Now having problem with the original bronco starter not engaging correctly with the flywheel. Does anyone know if the merkur scorpio starter has the same bolt pattern as the bronco II? Dont want to order one unless I know it will work for me. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Reply to
dannyknaz

Try alt.autos.merkur. It looks liek mostly SPAM but maybe there are some people keeping an eye on it.

Reply to
Cory Dunkle

um starters bolts to transmission right so if the starter is bolted on securely (i would take it off and check)then check the ring gear on back of motor... was the original used from the original engine?... see if the part numbers for the two ring gears are the same for both cars then you will know.

Reply to
Rob