Mike Hunt - 05 GT Ragtop

Can you explain how that new folding top design works. I can't figure out how the top can go down without the front half of the top flipping over like it has done for the past 50 years.

VW Beetle also has a similar style where the front half of the top is in it same position lowered as it is raised.

I guess I'll have to lurk around the dealer at closing time when they close up the cars for the night.

Thanks,

Harryface

Reply to
Harry Face

The front piece does indeed fold forward and looks somewhat like a cover when the roof is down. In other words the outside is visible, rather than the inside of the top, when it is stowed like on my 2003

mike hunt

Harry Face wrote:

Reply to
MajorDomo

Mike

Do you notice any reduction in wind noise with the top up on the 05 over the 03?

I just noticed today the rear window is no longer in a seperate curtain, but is part of the top itself.

Harryface =D8=BF=D8

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 301,521 miles
Reply to
Harry Face