Mildew on Window Mouldings - How to clean?

I have a problem with what seems to be mold on my window moldings. This is something new to me since I did not have this problem in NY but I do here in
Florida.
The dealer replaced the moldings once for me, but they will not replace them again. They say it can be cleaned off. Nothing I have tried will clean it.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to clean the moldings with out damaging the rubber and metal frames, and to protect it from further damage?
Armorall and similar products do not stop the problem.
Thanks for any suggestions
J. Louis wrote:

Wipe it down with a 25% mixture of Clorox and water. You need to kill the mildew before you treat the rubber with a preservative like Armorall.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@BARFcarolina.rr.com
Mild water bleach solution, then apply barrier.

Can't help ya on the mildew problem, but...
Hey J.L how have you been?
Where have you been?
Yup, Bozo is gone...
Hi Neil,
How have you and your wife been?
How is your project car?
Where have I been? Well as you know chronic pain is enough to deal with without dealing with some of the posters here. So I just unsubscribed.
I miss not using my years of experience to help others, but some people were just too much to deal with on top of everything else.
How have I been? Not good. Constant downhill.
Oh well, One day at a time.
Have a good evening.
JL

Other than dealings with idiot lawyers, we've been doing fine. Got some projects around the house taken care of this summer, took a nice but short vacation to Door County in July. Still hope to get down to Florida as the cold sets in, but as you know from your years in New Yawk, when it gets colder, it gets busier in this business.

Ah, the 'cuda... well, after severly breaking the transmission last July, I rounded up all the parts I needed to repair it. I bought an old A body trunnion style 4 speed from a friend, took the gears out and used 'em in another case I had bought from another friend. This got me a lower first and second gear ratio, so now that thing really launches like a banshee! New bearings and synchros and it shifts like brand new. Got a line on a very sharp 63 Plymouth from yet another friend last week, just have to talk the wife into letting me buy it!

I hear ya... You sometimes got to be thick skinned to post to usenet on a regular basis.

Well, there's always gona be someone disagreeing with you about one thing or another, but it does help me improve my typing.

Sorry to hear that.

That's the plan, whether you're healthy or not! ;-)

Same to you and the missus.
Neil Nelson opined in

No.. I'm still here occasionally.
Oh, you meant the OTHER Bozo!
Bwahahahahaha.
JL... dont you know that striving keeps the spirit alive?
Sorry to hear it's not all that good. Good Luck!
I dont think you need all that much (25%) bleach...
But I suggest going over it first with TSP (Hardware/H.I. centers like Lowes)... this works good on Bathrooms with Latex Paint and that's close.
THEN use the bleach solution before you seal.
Hi Backyard, How are you doing?
Glad to hear you are still around. By the way, a while back, a long while back I had asked you if you had ever taken a headlight out of the new VW Bug.
My dad had one in his shop and he did not see how it came out. He called the VW dealer and they said you need special tools and it had to be done at the dealer.
Well, while walking, trying to walk around my apartment complex one day I saw a resident working under his hood of his New style VW Bug. I asked if he ever had the headlight out. He said it was no problem. Under the hood, on each headlight housing there is a lever that you have to pull, This releases the headlight and then it just comes right out, Just disconnect the wires.
I think he said on one side the battery had to come out but no big deal.
I guess the VW dealer in NY was just trying to drum up business.
Thought you might be interested since you are much more likely to run into one these days than I am.
Good hearing from you.
JL

By the way, it's good to see you posting again. I've been missing you. :-)
CJB

Thank you Christopher.
JL