mkz awd

HI All,
I am looking at the new MKZ with All Wheel Drive and can't find the answer to my question - does anyone know who manufactures the all whell
drive unit for the MKZ?
I remember the Aerostar AWD unit was manufactured by Borg Warner(???), but a half hour of web searching doesn't bring up the information.
Thanks, Dave
David Henschel wrote:

Ford.
You didn't use the right terms. I found it using mkz and haldex.

Why do you ask? Just curious.
http://wardsauto.com/ar/ford_awd_in-house /

status of Ford engineering and weather they would make their own - seems everything was going outsourced as the quality and warranty issues were better on this type of part (as with the Aerostar awd). Also, a friend is looking into buying one and the issue came up.
Good luck