Mobil 1 high performance oil filter

Any opinions? Experience? Costs about double, 12.00.

Frank

Reply to
`F.H

BK24

The local parts store doesn't carry Wix. Are they priced similarly?

Frank

Reply to
`F.H

Try here:

.html

Sorry I'm not proficient enough to figure out how to change the formatting to get it all on one line when replying to a post.

I. Care

Reply to
I. Care

No luck there but I worked my way through frankhunt.com and got this alternate site. You may wish to bookmark it. Thanks, I'll be busy for awhile. :)

`F.H

If anyone else is interested:

Like the Champ filter, this filter is made by Champion Labs. However, it uses a unique end plate and a thicker can that make it the strongest filter available for wide distribution retail sale. It also uses a synthetic media, which improves filtration and flow.

I'm happy to say that this filter is NOT a fake. It is definitely a unique design.

It uses a synthetic fiber element that can filter out very small particles and is very strong. It is rated just under the Purolator Pure One as far as filtering capability, but is still very much above conventional paper filters. It also has a very strong construction to withstand high pressure spikes during start-up. However, as with all Mobil 1 products, expect to pay 2 - 3 times as much for this filter.

I have received many reports of these filters failing at high pressures. It seems that the seam where the backplate crimps to the case can split.

Reply to
`F.H

`F.H opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net:

Then why not use the Purolator Pure One???

Check prices at Meijers (midwest), Advance auto.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I'm in California. I'll see what I can come up with.

Reply to
`F.H

Excellent advice. Found at Pet Boys. Two for 12.97 (with .99 tax) that's less than the cost of one Mobel 1.

Frank

Reply to
`F.H