Mobil 1 high performance oil filter

Any opinions? Experience? Costs about double, 12.00.
Frank

There pretty good, I use Wix myself but the Mobil 1 would be my next choice.

BK24 wrote:

The local parts store doesn't carry Wix. Are they priced similarly?
Frank

says...

Try here:
www.frankhunt.com/FRANK/corvette/articles/oilfilterstudy/oilfilterstudy .html
Sorry I'm not proficient enough to figure out how to change the formatting to get it all on one line when replying to a post.
I. Care
"I. Care" wrote:

No luck there but I worked my way through frankhunt.com and got this alternate site. You may wish to bookmark it. Thanks, I'll be busy for awhile. :)
http://people.msoe.edu/~yoderw/oilfilterstudy/oilfilterstudy.html
"I. Care" wrote:

If anyone else is interested:
Like the Champ filter, this filter is made by Champion Labs. However, it uses a unique end plate and a thicker can that make it the strongest filter available for wide distribution retail sale. It also uses a synthetic media, which improves filtration and flow.
I'm happy to say that this filter is NOT a fake. It is definitely a unique design.
It uses a synthetic fiber element that can filter out very small particles and is very strong. It is rated just under the Purolator Pure One as far as filtering capability, but is still very much above conventional paper filters. It also has a very strong construction to withstand high pressure spikes during start-up. However, as with all Mobil 1 products, expect to pay 2 - 3 times as much for this filter.
I have received many reports of these filters failing at high pressures. It seems that the seam where the backplate crimps to the case can split.
`F.H opined in

Then why not use the Purolator Pure One???
Check prices at Meijers (midwest), Advance auto.
Backyard Mechanic wrote:

I'm in California. I'll see what I can come up with.
Backyard Mechanic wrote:

Excellent advice. Found at Pet Boys. Two for 12.97 (with .99 tax) that's less than the cost of one Mobel 1.
Frank