Moderator..??

Is there some kind of Moderator on this NG who deletes some questions or comments..?

Reply to
S.E.W

This group is unmoderated. If posts appear missing, it's probably due to a problematic news server.

Reply to
The Ghost of General Lee

Sometime newserver people delete spam (or the spam is deleted automatically by newservers).

In addition, the messages are deleted after a period of time, which varies from server to server. And your newsreader can be set to only look at messsage within the last so many days.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Additional to the other comments...

If you are looking for specific posts and your news server has already dropped them, go to Google and do a groups search. Here's a link:

Google reta> Is there some kind of Moderator on this NG who deletes some questions > or comments..?

Reply to
Whole Lotta Tom

I asked because of a post I made on Nov. 23,2003, just two weeks ago in which I ask the following question.."Can a battery with flooded cells and regular removable vent caps be called a .. 'Maintenance Free Battery.."?.." In which I went on to tell of my experience with a named battery, and how I recovered from what appeared to be a dead battery. Something as simple as removing the vent caps and checking the battery electrolyte, and filling them to the correct level with distilled water. The post appears to be GONE. As the weather turned cold in the MD,PA, and NJ area, I have seen a number of similar 'Maintenance Free dead battery'... that were not dead, but with a little bit of maintenance, returned to life, saving the owners some money.. The last part of my post read as follows.. " . Are we being shammed on these batteries. Should these have called Low Maintenance Batteries, instead of Maintenance Free Batteries. I guess many people have had to replace these batteries prematurely because they are labeled incorrectly and as such have never been maintained..." I guess somebody did not like me taking them to task for shamming consumers about the false labeling of Maintenance Free Batteries.. The bottom line is.. no battery with free liquid acid..should be called.. "Maintenance Free.."

automatically

Reply to
S.E.W

I remember seeing it. It's your server.

Reply to
John Alt

Yes. ISPs only retain Usenet messages for a few weeks, sometimes more or less, depending on the volume of messages. Think about it. An ISP has a finite amount of storage space on their drives. There are thousands and thousande of Usenet messages everyday. Many of these are in the various binaries groups meaning they are posts of pictures or video and take up a lot of storage space. So, the ISPs deleted the messages after a while. But, Google retains the text messages, and you can find your post there. 10 years from now, it will still be there.

Reply to
Whole Lotta Tom

That post and all replies are still showing on the Teranews server.

Reply to
RustY©