mondeo 1.8 LX '96 clutch problem

Since having the clutch replaced it has an intermitent problem - the clutch is not disengaging when the pedal is pressed so it won't go into gear unless the stick is thumped. I sure its the clutch rather than the
gear box as there is some power transmition when the pedal isn't pressed. It has a hydrualic not a cable link. Problem now continuous - wondered if debris in clutch housing might prevent plate traveling?
hiya,
did the fault occur as soon as you replaced the clutch or was it ok for a while?
Hi
ok for the drive home after fitting clutch - then had its first episode later that day - problem disappeared by the time I got it back to the mechanic - week later it happened again but disappeared after a couple of miles - after another couple of weeks its reappeared and stayed for the last few days
I want to be clued up when I go back to the mechanic with it.
thanks Dan

On a hyd clutch I would check the fluid first, if low look for leaks. If no leaks found try bleeding it. If leak found, fix it and then bleed it. If its real low at least fill it (with brake fluid) and pump it real good and it might come back to life.
Hi
tried pumping it but it didn't work - will try again. Likely fluid is the problem I'll talk to my mechanic about this.
Thanks Dan