Mondeo 12v ignition on wire

Hi, I've been trying to wire up a radar detector to a Diesel 04 Mondeo (not really fast eneough to need one I know .......), but I cannot find a 12v wire which is only live when the ignition is on- does anyone know where I would find one without removing the dash? I guess there must be one behind the cd player, but I don't have the equipment to remove it.

As detector would go at the top of the windscreen, I looked at the ones supplying the interior light, but these are all constant lives, which do cut off after power saving mode comes on, but that leaves the thing chirping for a while even with the ignition off- I live where detectors are not legal, so it would be better to kill the power if stopped by switching off the engine.

Any suggestions would be greatfully recieved. Car is only an LX, I guess if it was a Ghia, there would be more toys are more options.

Thanks,

Ian

Reply to
Enk