Mondeo -97 AC problem

When I turn on the AC while driving it's like the engine starts sputtering. The garage tells me this is normal, and nothing can be done about it.
It's like driving an old carburetor engine, and someone pinches the
fuel hose closed.
Can someone confirm this, or is it just my garage trying to cheat me?
--
Torbjørn Pettersen

Add pictures here
✖
"Torbjørn Pettersen" <tpe AT broadpark DOT no> wrote in message

sputtering.
It is normal for AC to rob some power. Maybe you just need a tune up.
Add pictures here
✖