MONDEO 97 L TURBO DIESEL NEED TO DISABLE ALARM

I am the 'proud' third owner of this car. It is an 1800cc model on P plate. The car came with its manuals and an infra red fob & key, plus another
'fob' which has two buttons on it and apart from the word/name 'Lucas' on it, I do not know what it does. It doesn't appear to have any LED light on the 'fob'. My problem is that the alarm keeps going off for no apparent reason. The car was standing for 6 days until yesterday and I found the battery was flat. Called out Green Flag, they said the battery was flat and gave me a jump start and said that the battery was charging okay. Now today, the battery is flat again, I have been informed by neighbours that the alarm/lights have been going off all night. I do not hear it, as my house is in a corner and hence has no drive. It does seem strange, that the alarm should sound as the 'hooter' does not work from inside. After the car was started yesterday, I took it on a 30 mile run and within 24 hours the battery is flat again. My insurance company state that there is no discount for having and alarm/immobilizer, so I thought it would be better to get it disconnected altogether. I have not been able to find out if this is possible to do, or get done. Can anybody advise me on this?
Many thanks
am i right that your car has 2 alarms? 1)the factory fit alarm- armed by locking any front door and 2)an additional'lucas' alarm
to bypass the factory alarm just disconnect the bonnet switch, it wont arm cos it thinks the bonnet is up by unplugging the additonal alarm it might not start cos it could be a thathum type that has a built in immobiser this alarm could be going off because the battery voltage is too low... ie you've got a drain on the battery pulling it down over a period of time