mondeo cigar lighter

Hi there, I have a 2001 mondeo estate. The cigar lighter by the handbrake works but will not charge a mobile phone or radar detector, yet the 12volt socket in
the boot works fine. A friend has the same problem. Does anybody know how to fix this issue ?
"thehighwayman" wrote: (2001 mondeo estate)
The cigar lighter by the handbrake works but will not charge a mobile phone or radar detector, yet the 12volt socket in the boot works fine. A friend has the same problem. Does anybody know how to fix this issue ? __________________________________________
An inquiry such as, "My _______ is not working - how can I fix it?" is difficult to answer. If you will provide more information about the problem symptoms you are more likely to get a solution:
What does "will not charge" mean?
Sends no current? Sends insufficient power? Sends current but not all the time? Does not accommodate a connector plug? Something else?
What are the problem symptoms or actions of the radar detector and the mobile phone? Does the radar detector have batteries needing to be charged? How can the lighter socket work but at the same time not work? What is the voltage at each socket?
Good luck.
Rodan.

If the LED on the charger adapter shows 'on', that's one problem.
If it doesnt, it's another.
Sometimes the best and easiest thing to do is install an 'add-on' socket {comes with short leads} to the terminals on back of the lighter socket.
If the adapter LED comes on and it still wont charge, attach a .1 ufd 100volt capacitor across the terminals of the original socket.
you pay..DEAL with it!