Mondeo Clutch?

Waiting for my 1979 2.0 petrol Mondeo to arrive.. but have heard some horror stories about it being an 800 job to replace a clutch. How long do these
things last if you take an average driver... has anyone had this done? how long did it last? how much did it cost?
It's the only thing that could scupper a good deal I think...
Les
--
Remove Frontal Lobes to reply.

"...The people can always be brought to the bidding of the

Ooops... P reg, 1989.. used to ancient old bangers ;o)
1997! I know.. I know... having a senior moment early.. :o(

What do you mean early? Don't you remember how old you are? For you, apparently, it is not a "moment." ;-)

Hmmmm... it's all kinda relative I think. My son (18) thinks it was all in black and white when I was his age and we all drove Ford V8 Pilots... ;o)
Les (41 going on 12)
--
Remove Frontal Lobes to reply.

"...The people can always be brought to the bidding of the
Les Hemmings wrote:

If it's the original clutch when you purchase it you had better count on replacing it and factor the cost in the price you pay.
nah, figure on about 150 for an independent garage, 50 if you do it yourself. Just 'phone a couple of places for a quote and find out.

That sounds more like it... I would use an independent anyway..
les