Mondeo Clutch?

Waiting for my 1979 2.0 petrol Mondeo to arrive.. but have heard some horror stories about it being an £800 job to replace a clutch. How long do these things last if you take an average driver... has anyone had this done? how long did it last? how much did it cost?

It's the only thing that could scupper a good deal I think...

Les

Reply to
Les Hemmings

Ooops... P reg, 1989.. used to ancient old bangers ;o)

Reply to
Les Hemmings
1997! I know.. I know... having a senior moment early.. :o(
Reply to
Les Hemmings

What do you mean early? Don't you remember how old you are? For you, apparently, it is not a "moment." ;-)

Reply to
Jeff

Hmmmm... it's all kinda relative I think. My son (18) thinks it was all in black and white when I was his age and we all drove Ford V8 Pilots... ;o)

Les (41 going on 12)

Reply to
Les Hemmings

If it's the original clutch when you purchase it you had better count on replacing it and factor the cost in the price you pay.

Reply to
Al Bundy

nah, figure on about £150 for an independent garage, £50 if you do it yourself. Just 'phone a couple of places for a quote and find out.

pottsy

That sounds more like it... I would use an independent anyway..

les

Reply to
Les Hemmings