Mondeo EGR question

Hi - I have a 98 2.0 Zetec Mondeo, which as of yesterday as developed a fault which someone will hopefully tell me is a quick and cheap fix....
Whilst travelling I experienced a sudden drop in power and
a hissing noise which I thought could either be the exhaust blowing, or possibly a belt rubbing.
A look under the bonnet found that the first of two hoses going to what I believe to be the ERG pressure sensor had popped off.
I stuck it back on and the car seemed to run ok for a few moments, but when I took it for a run, it popped again as soon as I started to put the power on.
I've check both hoses to the sensor, the ERG valve, and the hoses beyond the valve and all seem clear, but still this one hose keeps popping off.
Hopefully someone will tell me it's just the hose that is knackered, although the cynic in me says it will be something more sinister and expensive!
Any suggestions greatly appreciated, and in the meantime, I'm off to cut a bit off the end of that hose in the hopes that it's just lost it's grip....
You could try using a zip tie to keep the hose on, or get a new hose that will hold better. Is the old hose stiff? Maybe that is your problem.

Trimmed both hoses both ends - problem remained. Took cat off and looked inside - brick was broke and blocking the exhaust, Now replaced and problem solved. Fairy easy to do, but certainly not cheap!