Mondeo hub nuts - opposite directions?

I need to change the front discs and pads on a '95 Mondeo.
It's been while since I've done it on a FWD car, so need to check...
Firstly, does the hub have to come off to change the disc?
If it does....
From what I remember the hub nuts undo in opposite directions. One side goes clockwise, the other goes anticlockwise, but I can't remember which side does which. Anyone know?
And any other bits to be aware of?
Cheers, Paul
no remove the wheels remove the little bolt remove the calipers remove the disc there may be varying degrees of difficulty in these procedures

dojj vaguely muttered something like ...

You forgot ... re-fitting is the reversal of these procedures .. ;)
--
The Caretaker ...

So to refit........
csid eht evomer srepilca eht evomer tlob elttil eht evomer sleehw eht evomer
SimonJ vaguely muttered something like ...

sey.
--
The Caretaker ...

dojj wrote in message ...

Spray on WD40 leave for as long as possible ( overnight?). Have an assistant operate the foot brake while you undo the screw. Normally needs a No 3 pozi screwdriver or even an impact screwdriver. Don't risk damaging the head by using a smaller, more common No2 Pozi.

Might well need new nylok bolts when replacing depending on the vehicle.

.. and if its anything like my last Mondeo you then take it to the garage cos the discs have siezed on.
A common Mondeo problem apparently.
Paul Edwards

which

Same on my old Sierra, gear puller, and a BFO hammer and it flew off - eventually.
Graham

garage
The problem is with the BFO hammer technique is that you then need to replace the wheel bearings a couple of weeks later!

Still went strong for 3 years afterwards.................then the engine died !
Graham
<siezed on discs>

I had to smash them off a Renault Trafic a few years ago. Twnty minutes with a BFO hammer and some earmuffs.
--
Skipweasel.
In the beginning was the word.
c palmer wrote:

EXCEPT in UK & Australia - they drive on the other side, so switch sides for theses locales... ...
Rob
Paul wrote:

go to www.contour.org and get just about anything you need on a contour/mystique or mondeo that can be done to the car..... very informative web site on this ford vehicle

I wouldn't have thought so - just the caliper.

goes
If there's a retaining screw holding the disc in place (doesn't do much except for aid positioning of the thing), and it's old-ish, make sure you don't round it off in the middle - something very easy to do if the screwdriver isn't an absolutely perfect fit. It might even be neccessary to buy a screwdriver socket bit that an exact fit, as for a couple of quid it'll save you hours of swearing! Then replace the screw with a new one.
Peter -- "Diamonds are what I really need - think I'll rob a store, escape the law, and live in Italy. Lately, my luck has been so bad, you know the roulette wheel, it's a crooked deal, I'm losing all I had."
Thanks for all the comments.
Tackled the job today. One disc came off with gentle persuasion, the other needed more invasive surgery with a grinder, lump hammer, chisel and a healthy amount of anger : )
Job done. Cheers all!
Paul