mondeo idling

Hi my mondeo 1997 1.8 zetec (silver top) has developed an idling problem. it ticks over fine until you rev the engine and the revs drop so low as to the
point of engine cut out. I also have this problem whilst slowing and stopping for junctions. as soon as my foot comes off the gas it almost dies. I have noticed a blow coming fron exhaust manifold or upper joint could this be a possible cause?
must be that t peice valve sucking in extra air into the vacume system,under coilpack i think.
muckymits wrote:

Have already looked for that but couldnt find it!! I have noticed my cam belt is bit sloppy, it may have jumped a tooth getting this changed tomoz. also hoping a new exhaust manifold will help found a huge crack in mine also being changed tomoz
thinking about it i had same prob on a vectra and yes it was related because it was sending incorrect reading to the lambda,hope this helps
muckymits wrote:

Thanx I'll let you know how it goes :>)