Mondeo remote key

Does anyone know how to program a remote keyfob to a 97' Mondeo as someone removed the batteries before I got the car. Or will I have to go to Ford main dealer.
TIA.
As long as you've got the red master key your local ford dealer should be able to reprogram you one i believe the price is about 25

Turn the ignition back and forth between the 'off' and 'on' positions (not 'run' position) until the door locks activate, then press any button on the fob.
mike hunt