Mondeo sterring

Hi My wife's Ford Mondeo has started to loose oil which seems to be coming from where the radiator is, also she is losing steering fluid, so I
assume there is an oil cooler in this area, am I right? and are they expensive? , also she says that the steering has become shakey (her words not mine) over 65mph, would the fluid heating up cause this? I am going to look at it at the weekend and keep it topped up until then I just want to know if the car is safe for her to drive until then, any help would be appreciated
Gordon
yeah theres a cooler down there (i presume its before 2001) take off the splash shield from underneath and you'll see it. good luck