Mondeo TDCI glow plug light flashing - turbo stopped

I have a persistent intermittent problem on my 2000 TDCi Mondeo automatic
Occasionally the glow plug light starts flashing, when this happens the car is gutless because the turbo has stopped. Restarting the car fixes
the problem. This can happen at any time but usually only occurs around town and not on the motorway.
The ford dealer ran it through the diagnostic test and said that nothing showed and that unless I bought it in while the light was flashing they couldn't do anything
Has anyone else had this?