Mondeo water leak

My wife has an 'M' reg 1.8 TD Mondeo that keeps losing water when warmed up. The source of the leak is at the front of the engine towards the bottom. Can anyone tell me if it may be a seal on
something that has gone and if so whether it can be done easily? Any thoughts would be appreciated. I have a Halfords book but am struggling to see what it could be from the diagrams there.
Borosteve.

Sounds to me like water pump gasket or seal has gone bad. Time to replace that water pump.