mondeo will not start

mondeo 1.6 petrol M Reg zetec engine 16v can anyone help was driving along and car just cut out, and has never started again when turning the key it just clicks and engine fan cut straight in,
have had 2 diagnostics done but they did not show anything. have changed the ECU but seems like power is not getting to it, someone said it could be pats or the coil on pats but dont now where the coil is can anyone give me any advice thanks

who did the diagnostics?
If it just 'clicks' when you try to start, sounds like basic electrical problem.
you pay..DEAL with it!
Backyard Mechanic wrote:

all the machines in the vans for the diagnostics and they could not get a reading any idea where to start on basics , just brought a cd from ebay with garage wiring details on it waiting for it to come

Lucy, if they couldnt get a reading... it probably has no power.
Dunno why Brit fords dont have engine lites! Your problem probably is in the relay panel which supplies power.
Ask on contour.org
Perhaps someone there has had similar problems, esp if it is 1995 or later.... Yanks dont know "reg M" from diddly, you know
you pay..DEAL with it!
Backyard Mechanic wrote:

when you turn the ign to positon 2 wot does the PATS light do? if it flashes like mad then its a PATS problem since you've already changed the PCM then the PATSwill have to be reproggrammed cos its a comined unit(altho early ones where separate, a small black box which would often burn out)