more 08 f150 problems

Ford Canada is telling me nothing about the string of rear end failures they are having in their F150s.
Friend of mine just had his in the shop and repaired (his was under
warranty, mine unfortunatly was about 3000km over).
His was at about 34k mi (american truck) and mine at about 104k kms (canadian truck).
So whats the deal here.
My truck was a work truck, his was basically a personal grocery truck that never towed anything.
I have heard of many rear end failures on these trucks... what is going on?
This is likely my final straw with ford before i bail ship and get a GMC SLT Crew cab, or maybe even downsize to a tacoma. Thismay end my 14 year dedicated relationship with the blue oval.
What was the nature of the failure? FWIW, with the newer ones we might see the odd tip in howl, but certainly not like older ones (01~05ish or so).. and these usually occur long before the warranty expires. My '02 has had a tip in howl since the day I bought it (lease return with about 35,000 kms on it in early 03). I usually listen to old timey music with some gusto so it rarely "bothers" me.

I read this a couple of times.
Are you saying you HAD the problem, or you are WORRIED about the problem, or what?
I have an 03 Ranger that had a slight rear end howl from new. It hasn't become worse so I haven't worried about it. 100,000 miles now so I guess it wasn't worth worrying about.

bearings replaced first time under warranty, second time rearend only under warranty, since it was so close... the 3rd time i was on my own, rear end and bearings.
guy at work tells me it is because they ship with synthetic oil in the rear end?? He says the local dealer here after a warranty replacement is switching to conventional rear end oil.
any thoughts on that one?
There's thousands and thousands of them out there... all of them with synthetic gear oil. Ford (and every other manufacturer I can think of specs synthetic for fuel mileage reasons).
I'm assuming that your problem is a tip in howl?
Jim Warman wrote:

Nope, its blown rear ends... 3 of them...
every crown vic (3 now) i've ever had, and f150 (3 of them too) have all done the typical ford howl... that doesn't scare me. The mustang though never howled?? (87 gt)