more transmission problems....

got a '93 Crown vic, yep had the transmission rebuilt already, 145,000 miles on the enginie. anyways about 2 months after it was rebuilt, it was pretty much rebuilt again as the shop went through it for a second
time. I'm guessing the mechanics of the Tranny are great... but now it's slippin and not shifting properly, AGAIN should I be considering getting a tranny new from a speed shop or something?
no I'm not racing this car... maybe driving fast on occasion, I spend lots of time out on country roads.
any help advice appreciated... and yes I am a decent mechanic, but know nothing about the guts of transmissions...
---- "I'd rather take a hit in the mouth than throw a pick," Kyle Orton "education is the progressive discovery of our own ignorance" --Will Durant "people who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to " Jerry Seinfeld "If we don't have a sense of humor, we can't have a sense of perspective --Wayne Thiboux "the glass is not only half full the first half was delicious" -- Me To Reply: Scrape off the end bits...
Dennis opined in

Slipping or seeming to skip in and out of gear.. shifting weird?
Did they look at the VSS and its wiring?

Try replacing the MLPS switch on the transmission. The early ones (93-95) had reliabiltiy & waterproofing problems.
Backyard Mechanic wrote:

it aughta Be SQUARE

the problem seems like : slipping at higher speeds, from a stop the car will not go into gear then grab... only after the engine warms up. it drives fine for the first 5 minutes or so...
As we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns --the ones we don't know we don't know." D. Rumsfeld
Dennis opined in

"Rebuilt", huh?

it aughta Be SQUARE

TWICE... same shop.
--

As we know, there are known knowns; there are things we
know we know. We also know there are known unknowns;
Dennis wrote:

Double A A BEeP...............
Bob

-