motor silk

I keep hearing ads for a new motor-butter, called "motor silk" Anyone here know about this stuff? TIA Tom Seattle

It only works with the 85MPG carburetors
I Love Edsels wrote:

Probably a derivative of Motor Honey with a good measure of snake oil mixed in......
Snake Oil is the best additive for cars ever invented! Doesn't everyone use it in their oil, gas, tranny, and morning coffee? I do!
PoD

I haven't needed to oil my snake, not since I got married anyway. --scott

Scott Dorsey wrote:

Sir, you deserve a medal for that one. It was predictable, but my tummy is still sore from laughing.
I Love Edsels wrote:

Motor-butter? What, do you toast the engine, butter it and jam it back into the chassis?
says...

At $200+ per gallon, I would call it Motor GOLD!!!
says...

http://www.1expired.com/motorsilk_brochure /

Don't know how it works in engine oil, but the principal is sound and it works in industrial lubricants of many kinds............
There used to be a snake oil marketed as "Marvel Mystery Oil", and that stuff was for real. A bit of it in the gasoline was a good thing. Not now.
There was also STP oil additive. The salesman woud dip a screwdriver in the stuff, and challenge the mechaics to hold the screwdriver between finger and thumb.
Today, we have synthetic oil. It's better.
Bill M

Bill,
Are you saying the stuff marketed as 'Marvel Mystery Oil' today is no longer effective in gas/oil?
I use it all the time in every car I own. Every motor gets 250K plus.
Just checking to ensure I ain't doing something wrong!
BigBob
Looks like you said...

I have to say I agree. I have always used it, and while I don't have enough mechanical knowledge to make a real argument, I still use it.
There is ALWAYS going to be a "new" product to buy, whether it's one of the new "cleaning" agents that comes out every six months guarenteed to clean everything on earth with no wiping and no labor, or a new oil additive that will make your car last forever.
The only REQUIREMENT is that it must have a catchy name, like honey, silk or butter.
Anyone want to market "EXTRA CREAMY MOTOR PUDDING" with me.
You put up the money, and since I'm so smart and handsome, I'll do the TV late night adverts.
On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 19:04:36 GMT, Petey the Wonder Dog

My grandfather, and auto mechanic, used graphite in his oil decades before it appeared on the market... and that old 52 Buick Roadmaster was still rock solid when he made the mistake for trading it for a Pinto.

or Slik

Spike 1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.
Gad what fools these morons be.... Children are obscene but should not be heard Give me a peperoni pizza... or give me a calzone!

Yup!......but I can't use it.....
My engine's cholesterol is way up over 200 now!

But what's the trans-fat or cholesteral content of Silk?
'Sides, turns out that the old naturals are better for you anyway.
Butter for me! Since i went back to bacon eggs and butter plus the occasional hamburg per day, and min carbs, my chol count has dropped thirty points.
Dummy!