Motor Trend International Car Show

Anyone out there been to the "Motor Trend International Car Show/s".. West Coast or, East Coast..? How about the up-coming Ford 500..? Finally, a real nice Family car. Until I get one to test drive, my big question is.. " What took Ford so long..?"

Reply to
V.B. Mercon

While most of the import brands were putting their money in the declining car market, Ford was putting it limited capital where the market was growing, light trucks and SUV's. They were also waiting for Volvo to all of the bugs out of the chassis as well I guess. ;)

mike hunt

"V.B. Merc>

Reply to
MelvinGibson

I had just about given up on ford for cars. Now I am hopeful again. I am not a truck guy, and would only buy a truck in desperation. Lets hope the execution of this car matches the show model, or at least come close to it..

PS: Did you notice that the 500 has 4 wheel disc brakes.. ? The Ford rep. said "No more darn drums for this class of cars... yipeeeee...!

Reply to
V.B. Mercon

My 98 Ford Contour GL has 4 wheel disks.

Reply to
Twitch

True. However, after 1999 Ford stopped offering 4 wheel disc brakes on the Taurus Sedan..( Still available on the Wagon..) That was why I kept my 1998 Taurus SE, 3.0L, 24V DOHC, twin exhaust. I have Zero interest in the present Taurus. So this new 500 is coming just in time. As I have said .. "I hope this car lives up to its billing, and the specs. on paper...."

Reply to
V.B. Mercon

Although Ford did stop offering 4 wheel disc brakes and a duel exhaust system on the Taurus sedan, they also dropped the MSRP by $1,000 at the time. The lack of rear disc had little or no effect on the stopping distance from 60 MPH. If rear disc were that important to a buyer they could be added, at a dealership, for a few hundred dollars in Ford parts and labor.

mike hunt

"V.B. Merc>

Reply to
StoneyRhoades