Motorcraft 4350 help

Hi, I am in the process of diagnosing some assorted fuel related difficulties on my 78 Lincoln. I notice a few things that are definitely wrong and I am wondering if they are affecting the car's performance. First, there is an outlet on the front of the carb body below and to the right of the fuel filter, that is not connected to anything and looks to have fuel drippings beneath it. Where does this go? Also, there is a vacuum line on the bottom center of the front of the carb above the spacer that has been plugged off by some numbskull before me. Again, should this be connected or does it matter. Finally, I notice a wire coming out of the solenoid-looking thing on the throttle linkage that has broken. Is this important?

I apologize if these are stupid questions, but my EVTM manual is not as helpful as I wish it would be.

Thanks in advance, Steve

Reply to
Steve Saks

That nipple should be connected to that vacuum line, I suspect. The electric 'thingy' is most likely the electric throttle stop, that is use to set the idle. When you turn off the key the throttle plate will then drop to the mechanic stop to avoid dieseling.

mike hunt

Steve Saks wrote:

Reply to
BigJohnson