Motorcraft BXT-59 Maintenance Free Battery.

I have a 97 LX T Brd. with 3.8 (6) Cyl. Engine with 12,050 miles since new. Deliveried on 11/11/97. Battery appears to be OK but the sight hydrometer has red ball. All other batteries that I've had with sight hydrometer had green indicator. Is the red ball indicator normal indication? Hate to buy new battery if not bad but also hate to get a surprise at worst possible time that battery has gone south. Called Ford dealer parts and they could not answer question. Thanks for any help. DCS

Reply to
OLEMANRIVER

Sharon K.Cooke

Reply to
A. Russell Murray

Thanks, Russell. I had my suspicions but battery still seems hot and recovers after load test of lights on high beam for 5 minutes. Can't find anything officially on red ball in sight hydrometer, which are normally green. Thanks to you also Sharon, for reminding me that battery is seven years old but I was looking for info on red ball in sight hydrometer. DCS

Reply to
OLEMANRIVER

Test the battery with a transconductance? tester. MidTronics is the most common brand. If it says the battery is good, it's good. If it says it is bad, better believe it or expect to have the battery let you down at the most inopportune time. Most battery shops now use them to "qualify" batteries for warranty replacement. The battery can be accurately tested with as litle as roughly 25% charge.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce