Motorized seat belt stuck - '96 Escort

Hi, (I can explain better now.) I have motorised seat belts in my '96 Ford Escort. The driver side belt stopped in the middle position. I can hear the clicking sound of the motor trying to pull the seat belt but the seat belt doesn't move.

I also read somewhere on the Internet, that Ford is supposed to maintain seat belts for the life of the car. Is that true?

Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Thanks, Senthil.

Reply to
C.G.Senthilkumar.

My 1995 Escort did that awhile. The belt on the passenger side wouldn't go more than half way. We finally had to get a mechanic to go in there. He disconnected the motor. Now you have to do the belts manually. But there can be worse problems. Someone came to look at an old

1988 Celebrity. But she rolled one window some. The battery was pretty weak. That car has power windows. We had to put a garbage bag over the window.

Sincerely, Darren Thornton

Reply to
Darren Thornton

Go to

and do some research there. This is asked ona regular basis there.

Reply to
scott_z500