Mr. Transmission rip-offs

Be very aware of using the Mr. Transmission franchise for auto repairs. I learned my leason when I was over $3000 poorer and had to have the dealer fix my vehicle when they got through with it.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

I am sure that people who have been to the other chains have the same complaint. Personally, I would never take my transmission to a chain. They have a history of fixing all transmission problems by rebuilding the transmissions, regardless of the problem, if the costumer has credit cards.

If you had to take the car to the dealer, I would complain to Mr. Transmssion's headquarters. I would send a copy of the complaint to your state's attorney's general office. And don't forget, you can sue in court.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I tried the BBB and the Mr. Transmission headquarters to no avail. While the franchise that did the work offered to pay $795 it was no where enough for what I put out of the pocket. I am lawyer hunting and there is no doubt that it is time to go to court. The way that the main office handled my complaint is the reason for the website. I'm going to use my freedom of speech on the net to tell the average citizen what they can be in store for.

Your point about chains is well taken. I will use a dealer for all major repairs from now on. Though it may cost a bit more intially it is the best way to go.

Thanks!

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

"Andrew" wrote

You dont have to do that... There are a number of independents who do a good job at a reasonable price.

Not that you should AVOID dealers, but there are bad apples in any barrel... can you think of some in YOUR line of work?

Instead look at a service like "Angie's List", where the only way to be mentioned positively is to provide excellent service.

As to the BBB... they have grown into a quasi-governmental org... and look at the source of their funding. No offense, but that's just one step off from supporting your advertisers.

Sure,it costs you money... but how much is worthwhile to get that kind of good scoop on good service.. and how much do you stand to lose if you make a bad decision?

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic