Mustang '05

Does anyone know where I can get specs for the new Mustang? Specifically is it going to be bigger inside than the current model? It looks bigger but hard to tell.
John
--
"Cheap work isn't good and good work isn't cheap"
-
John wrote:

I sat in one at NADA , it is larger inside but feels enormous compared to the current stang. I am not a huge fan of the current stang although I like it. This car is a homerun. Period.
Brad
Great exchange of notes, thanks. Real hard question that I have not been able to find the answer too: How much leg room? The current mustang is too tight for my fat feet, and too uncomfortable on my back and legs. My 95 bonneville is getting there, and I am looking at the new GTO, but I still recall my 65 that kept me under the hood so I am a little skittish. If the Stang is big enough inside, with foot and leg room, I just might have to buy one. Thanks for the exchange. bob
Brad Coon wrote:

John wrote:

months. Car & driver, autoweek, Road & track, Fast fords, etc. Find a copy in that place invented before a micro chip, it's called a Library!!!!!! Don't folks read words on things other than CRT'S anymore????
Or just go to Ford's website.....
Tiger, I have read the mags, I have read the sites that talk about the new stang They talk about the car being built on the same frame. They talk about the leg room, but.... I have driven a new tbird, supposedly the same frame. I have driven the jag and the lincoln. BUT I have not sat in the 05 stang. I can tell you the jag, the tbird, the lincoln are nice but the seat is just a little bit on the uncomfortable side after about an hour. My 95 bonneville, that is getting old, is comfortable, I can adjust the seat the right way, I can't find a comfortable setting on the Tbird, the one I have spent the most time in, so I know I am not gonna buy one. Forget the jag and the lincoln, as much as I like them, just can't get the seats right there. With the (expletive deleted) traffic the way it is, I want a daily driver that is comforable while I sit in traffic.
I do like the look of the stang. I have been waiting for a 69 size stang that has all the comfort of a lincoln, the guts of a shelby, and the sound of a ford. I am hoping it will be the 05. BUt I am gonna have to sit in one to see. thanks bob Tiger wrote:

bob wrote:

Well for the price of a '05 you could find a nice '69 resto job?? Your right about comfort though. I seems to be a design trade off. One of the biggest gripes about some Japaneese cars is that the avg. American driver is bigger than the design guys inTokyo. At least the 05 has a body I can love. The current style never tuched me. Of course, I thought the last F-bodies looked like v-8 powered cockroaches......
Tiger wrote:

that big, my feet hit both the clutch and the break in the japanese cars. makes a helluva shift!
You are on the mark on the style, nice aerodynamics but ..just did not grab me. but the 05, has my attention. Thanks!!! bob