Mustang?

I now have a better understanding as to the reason FMC lost 12 billion+ in 2006. My wife used one of our vehicles to go to her hospitalized father and
our daughter borrowed the other for a trip to Georgia. I rented a car from a major rental agency. It was a 2007 Ford Mustang w/670 miles. What a piece of trash. Rides like a tank, wanders all over, sound system worse than an iPod, dark gloomy interior that looks junky, seat belts located so far to the rear that they angle across your neck, noisy as all get out, too small a vehicle for the big V8. Just for kicks I researched this vehicle and, as equipped, the list price was over $31,000. It doesn't take too much to realize why people are buying Asian labeled vehicles. And don't blame the UAW. They didn't design this POS, they only assemble it.
Some people like Sushimi, others don't.... I hate yellow mustard, most don't.....
Having a dark, gloomy interior = negotiated price.
Not having a dark, gloomy interior = negotiated price...
Having the "choice.... priceless.
Some people like any shade of green.... some people don't like green....
You can see where this is going, right?

I dont know what yer talkin bout.. LOL I drove one of the Shelby 500 this past summer up in Dearborn and MAN WHAT A RIDE!! That car was SWEET!! It didnt get much for fuel mileage, but between the horsepower and sound system, it was AWESOME!!
Now just so you know, the Mustand is a SPORTS CAR, meaning its going to have tight steering. Tighter than most vehicles, its going to have a stiff suspension so it holds the road, and adjustable seat belts... Did you notice that on the upper seatbelt mount that you could move it down, so it wouldnt be on your neck? How bout try reading the owners manual in the glovebox?
One more thing, ITS A RENTAL. Those things get the holy livin hell beat out of them from day one. You might as well double the mileage on that car for the abuse its already went through. There is a reason rental companies only keep the cars around for about 20,000mi.
Ford Tech
Really? Apparently buyers do not agree with your assessment of the Mustang. The Mustang outsells ALL of it sporty competitors COMBINED. Rental companies primary rent V6 Mustang coupes that sell in the 24K range. I own a 2007 Mustang GT CONVERTIBLE and the MSRP was only 31K, nearly five thousand less than the similarly equipped V6 Solara convertible I priced. A Mustang GT coupe sells the 28K range The Mustang is just as quiet as the Solara and with RWD it handles far better than the FWD Solara. .
mike

A $31,000 Mustang rental car? What was it a GT convertible? A base Mustang for a rental car company isn't going to cost that much.
Mike Hunter wrote:

Don't forget to wrap that rascal.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com
<clare at snyder.on.ca> wrote in message wrote:

On Fri, 9 Feb 2007 13:00:36 -0500, "Mike Hunter"

drive them for 6-12 years. Then I sell them for anything from $500 to $1700 and start with another one. Generally get rid of them after about $2000 in repairs spread over the years of ownership.

I only money I spend is for fuel and car washes.. The dealership where I buy provides free oil changes as inspections and a wash when they do either. ;)