mustang 4cylinder

I bought this mustang but I can't get it to run. I can get it to turn over but doesn't have any fire. Please tell me what to test and how. Thank you Doug

miles/kilos it has. We need more info.
Doug opined in

does your tach bounce when you swith ignition on? Then does it bounce when you crank it?
please read the faq about how to post a question then come back with more info.
no spark' good compression

it was common for the electrical part on the distributor to give out that they had the big recall on it. ford replaced half of it one day and car drove fine. next morning, engine would spin - no start - ford towed in it and replaced the other half. no charge to me, so i was only out of the time of having no car.
most of those parts have be replaced through recalls, yours may have missed it.
hope this helps
~ curtis
knowledge is power - growing old is mandatory - growing wise is optional "Many more men die with prostate cancer than of it. Growing old is invariably fatal. Prostate cancer is only sometimes so."
On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 15:08:27 -0500, PALMER snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (c palmer) wrote:

Ah, the infamous TFI module problem!!

I have a 93 without a distributor (twin coil pack?) Does this year suffer the same TFI module problem?
sanpablo opined in

no... you have the Distributorless Ignition System, it has it's own problems.
If you're having a problem with your ignition... search the group with google and use
2.3 DIS