mustang 4cylinder

I bought this mustang but I can't get it to run. I can get it to turn over but doesn't have any fire. Please tell me what to test and how. Thank you Doug

Reply to
Doug

Check to see if your getting spark and fuel. You did not state how many miles/kilos it has. We need more info.

Reply to
69GT4spdtrac-loc

Doug opined in news:cgm9nt$r00$ snipped-for-privacy@news.netins.net:

does your tach bounce when you swith ignition on? Then does it bounce when you crank it?

please read the faq about how to post a question then come back with more info.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Reply to
Doug

it was common for the electrical part on the distributor to give out that they had the big recall on it. ford replaced half of it one day and car drove fine. next morning, engine would spin - no start - ford towed in it and replaced the other half. no charge to me, so i was only out of the time of having no car.

most of those parts have be replaced through recalls, yours may have missed it.

hope this helps

~ curtis

knowledge is power - growing old is mandatory - growing wise is optional "Many more men die with prostate cancer than of it. Growing old is invariably fatal. Prostate cancer is only sometimes so."

Reply to
c palmer

Ah, the infamous TFI module problem!!

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

I have a 93 without a distributor (twin coil pack?) Does this year suffer the same TFI module problem?

Reply to
sanpablo

sanpablo opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.verizon.net:

no... you have the Distributorless Ignition System, it has it's own problems.

If you're having a problem with your ignition... search the group with google and use

2.3 DIS
Reply to
Backyard Mechanic