mustang 88

hay guys i have a 88 mustang and i have the ford raceing wheels and 8 in wide can i fit a 255 in the back and the front and wheels are 17x8

First.. why arent you asking this on the Mustang NG?
But, off hand, I dont think it's a good idea. the additional rolling friction cuts the mileage on the 2.3L way down.
you pay..DEAL with it!