Mustang Convertible antenna mounting

I have a 2006 Mustang convertible and want to mount a HAM (dualband) antenna on it.

I can't use a trunk lip mount because the trunk goes fully vertical when open unless I put the thing on the side of the trunk.

There's a 'panel' between the roof well and the trunk that appears to have a cavity below it with air holes into the trunk. I was thinking of putting an NMO mount in the center of the vehicle (left/right) and as far forward in this little (it's only about 3" or so) strip, that way I get the coax into the trunk without going over a water seal.

Anyone actually try it? Or know if the cavity is clear that I could do it? I've been hitting junkyards looking for a smashed beyond repair Mustang I can drill to check out but they seem to be a rare find in the salvage yards.

Reply to
Mike Y

Stanley Miln

Uh, do you know what happens to rear windows on convertibles???

Reply to
Mike Y

Does he care? He suggested a "duel band antenna." I like it when the bands fight over the antenna!

Reply to
D. Stussy

Mount the Larson through the glass on the upper right front window. I have seen this done on Cell Phone Antennas. Stan

Reply to
Stanley Miln

They don't make foldover antennas? I have to fold my antenna in parking garages.

Reply to
dave

The Larsen glass-mount antenna has a hinge at the external mount point, and can also be unscrewed.

I have the 440 (only) version.

Reply to
D. Stussy