Mustang Convertible antenna mounting

I have a 2006 Mustang convertible and want to mount a HAM (dualband) antenna on it.
I can't use a trunk lip mount because the trunk goes fully vertical when
open unless I put the thing on the side of the trunk.
There's a 'panel' between the roof well and the trunk that appears to have a cavity below it with air holes into the trunk. I was thinking of putting an NMO mount in the center of the vehicle (left/right) and as far forward in this little (it's only about 3" or so) strip, that way I get the coax into the trunk without going over a water seal.
Anyone actually try it? Or know if the cavity is clear that I could do it? I've been hitting junkyards looking for a smashed beyond repair Mustang I can drill to check out but they seem to be a rare find in the salvage yards.
Larson makes a Through the Glass Duel band antenna. Put it in the rear window. I have a 97 T Bird. I use a Larson Trunk Mount on the rear of the trunk with the 18 inch Comet duel band antenna and the system works great. Stan

Uh, do you know what happens to rear windows on convertibles???

have
putting
in
into
drill

Mount the Larson through the glass on the upper right front window. I have seen this done on Cell Phone Antennas. Stan

Stanley Miln wrote:

They don't make foldover antennas? I have to fold my antenna in parking garages.

The Larsen glass-mount antenna has a hinge at the external mount point, and can also be unscrewed.
I have the 440 (only) version.