mustang fuel pump runs with key off

Help , my daughters fuel pump in her 89 mustang runs alway with key of or on , I was told it is the pump or the relay or electrical problem/ any ideas thanks BILL :(

Replace the fuel pump relay, located under the dash, but not sure exactly where. It is stuck in the closed position. It happens. Search the older messages in this forum and you will probably find a more exact location of it, left or right side.
I had the same problem on an Escort and I disconnected battery ground to cut the power to the pump.