Mustang owners...

I really love Mustangs. The way they look, the heritage, just everything. I'm from a small town, and around here it's all about drag

racing the quarter mile... illegally. I want to buy a Mustang GT so bad, but I'm concerned that it won't be fast enough to hang with some people around here. Let me add that everyone around here races trucks,

yes trucks. An occasional car comes in like a Camaro Z28. Well the fastest thing besides that Camaro I just mentioned is a 1998 Chevrolet Silverado. I hate Silverados, always have and always will. And to top

that off, he is one of those die-hard Chevrolet owners that think that Chevrolets are the ultimate ride.... please. Anyway back to the truck... it's a 5.7L Vortec 350, got a Hypertech chip, and factory installed towing package. What else it has... not really sure. It runs approximately... 100 mph in the quarter. I'm concerned that a stock Mustang GT will not be able to out run this Silverado, since looking it up online shows the Mustang to run around 14.0 sec. stock. Therefore, I would hate to race that truck and get beat. I want to run

him into the ground... with a Mustang. NOW TO THE QUESTION AT HAND: I

need advice on how to make the Mustang GT (2005 - UP) quite a bit faster with out doing forced induction or a lot of other expensive things right off. Bolt-ons, which are good? I see that K&N has a intake kit that claims 15 HP by dynochart, and that's supposedly on a stock GT. But what else? Looking forward to advice.

Reply to
mrgriffith03

{snip}

Wrong group.... in google groups search box, type Mustang

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Better yet he should go do his homework..

Reply to
Bob

Better yet... he should check out what happens when street racing goes bad....

Common sense is on a permanent holiday with that boy... and woe betide his sorry ass if he even scares anyone I care for....

WTF is with some of these idiots????

Reply to
Jim Warman

Oh come on.... don't tell me you haven't done any street racing.......

we've ALL done it. Now i don't promote it thats for sure.

Reply to
Picasso